Saturday mornings are best spent listening to music. Here are a few of my current favorites.
- “Paranoia” by Max Frost (see video below)
- “Falling Short” by Låpsley
- “Violently Wild” by Horse Feathers
- “Would You Want Me” by Generationals
- “Looking Too Closely” by Fink
- “Archie, Marry Me” by Alvvays
- “Hunger of the Pines” by Alt J
- “Young Rivals” by Night Drive
Most anticipated upcoming concert: An Evening with Pete Yorn. He will be playing an acoustic set at the Parish on February 17. Max Frost and Generationals will also be playing this month and next at the Parish. Head over here to purchase tickets.
For those of you who know me well, you probably know I love Ben Howard‘s music. His first album came out when I was living in Memphis, and ever since, I’ve been dying to see him live.
He recently released his second album “I Forget Where We Were” on October 20, 2014. While this album is more melancholy than the first, his combination of lyrics and music solidify his talent. My favorite song off the new cd is “Time is Dancing.”
Ben Howard will be playing at Austin Music Hall on January 16. Definitely the first show I’m looking forward to in the new year!
I’ll leave you with this video of Ben Howard and his band on tour.